Nothing is more frustrating than when the power goes out and you and your friends and family are stuck in the dark. Not to mention dealing with the summer heat or winter cold. Gaithersburg, MD homeowners are used to having electricity available at all times, but when faced with an electrical issue, many people aren't sure what to do. At Electrical Connections LLC, we’ve been your local electrical experts for 35 years. We can help you with any problems you face with your electrical system, day or night.
We offer whole-home safety inspections to make sure your home’s electrical system is functioning how it should and keeping your family safe.
Signs Your Electrical Panel is Damaged
Most homes have an electrical panel in their home that functions as the center of their electrical system. But like anything else, your electrical panel can require repair or replacement, or even an upgrade if your electrical needs change. Some common signs of trouble can include:
- The breakers are constantly tripping
- Flickering lights
- Burning smell
- The panel is hot
- Burn marks in or around the panel
- Certain areas of your home don’t get power
Because an electrical panel is a complicated appliance, it requires a trained professional to service, so contact us today if you’re facing any of these issues. Your electrical panel is the hub for power in your home. If you’re dealing with an emergency situation, it likely stems from this area and should be addressed by an expert.
Common Electrical Emergencies
There are a lot of things that can happen with your electrical system that you might not know how to handle. If you’re ever faced with something you’re unsure about, it’s best to contact a professional when it comes to your electric system. Electricity can be dangerous and lead to dangerous shocks and even fire hazards.
There are some more common electrical emergencies that many Gaithersburg, MD homeowners have to deal with and they can include:
- Sudden Blackout: When facing a full loss of power, the first thing to do is check with your neighbors. Is your whole street without power? If it’s just your home dealing with a loss of power, check that you paid your electric bill and then call for emergency electrical services.
- Tripped Circuit Breaker: This happens when a circuit is overloaded by too much electricity being demanded. This will cause part of your home to lose power. Sometimes a circuit trip may require the attention of an electrician to prevent it from happening again.
- Unreliable Power: Flickering lights might be an annoyance but it can actually indicate a major electrical problem. If power comes and goes to your lights or other electrical devices, it’s important to call an electrician right away.
The thing to remember about electrical issues is that there is always a concern for safety. Faulty wiring can cause electric shocks or house fires. Don’t hesitate to call for emergency electrical services. It’s better to have an electrician quickly solve a small problem than to let a big problem become a catastrophe in more ways than one.
Dealing with unexpected power surges damaging your electronics? We offer whole-home surge protector installation to keep your systems safe.
We’re Your Expert Electricians
Electrical Connections LLC provides all hours of emergency electrical services. We value your time and respect your home to help you get through the loss of power. Day or night, you can count on our highly trained and experienced electricians to diagnose your problem and provide the best possible solution. At Electrical Connections LLC, we offer 24/6 emergency services, helping you find a solution when you need it most!