1. Remember electricity and water don’t mix.
2. Never use electrical appliances close to water.
3. Take an electrical tour throughout your home, searching for potential hazards to be corrected.
4. Make sure electrical outlets are not overloaded.
5. Check all electrical and extension cords to make sure they are not cracked, frayed, or covered by rugs or furniture.
6. Use the appropriate wattage light bulb for lighting fixtures.
7. Keep electrical appliances away from damp or hot surfaces, and make sure they have appropriate air circulation