Hot tubs are a great addition to almost any home. They’re relaxing, fun, and can be used year-round, even during the winter. But when your hot tub starts to act up, it can be more than just an annoyance. At Electrical Connections LLC, we understand that electrical problems are often the most common reason your hot tub may stop working. We offer solutions such as hot tub electrical installation, outlet replacements, and even wiring repair to get your hot tub back in tip-top shape. As local experts in Gaithersburg, MD, we can get your back to soaking in your hot tub, ASAP.
Is it too dark to use your hot tub at night? Ask about our outdoor lighting options today!
How to Know if Your Hot Tub Wiring Is Damaged
Hot tub wiring is hidden within the body of the tub itself, which can make it difficult to deal with, and when it faces problems it can be a safety concern and stop your hot tub from working. The following information and common signs may help you discern whether your hot tub troubles are actually hot tub wiring troubles:
- Circuit Breaker – Adding a hot tub to your electrical grid can sometimes cause a circuit to blow, especially if you have an older home. Make sure your hot tub has the required voltage to work properly. Sometimes, this can mean you might need a panel upgrade.
- Heat – If you notice your tub isn’t putting off the heat it should, it might be a sign the wiring in your heat pump is broken. This issue can also lead to a damaged motor, so it’s important to call your electrician right away.
- High Energy Bills – If you’ve noticed your energy bill is more expensive than usual, it could be due to your hot tube wiring. A fault in the wires may be forcing your hot tub to work harder. This strain can cause additional energy drain and higher bills for you.
It’s important to contact a professional when dealing with hot tub repairs as the combination of water and electricity can lead to dangerous electrical shocks. If you notice a problem with your hot tub, our experienced technicians will get it working again in no time.
The Hot Tub Repair Process
Hot tubs can face a variety of problems, which is why if we come out to service your hot tub, we’ll begin our diagnosis by having a conversation with you about any issues you’ve noticed. We’ll examine a variety of things when it comes to your Gaithersburg, MD hot tub and its wiring, but two of the most common are:
- Automation: Your hot tub’s automation system regulates its pH levels. When there’s an issue with the automation it leads to bigger problems and concerns with your hot tub. Oftentimes, though, this repair just involved replacing the automation microchip.
- Motor Issues: Some of the more common reasons for the motor to break on your hot tub include blown fuses, loose wiring, and overvoltage. Without the motor your hot tub won’t work so checking on these aspects will tell us what’s wrong.
With local experience, our electricians can diagnose your hot tub problems and repair it while delivering unmatched, professional care. We will ensure your hot tub is safe to use before leaving your home.
Want to make sure the electrical systems in your residence are up to code? Be sure to ask about our whole home safety inspection on your next appointment.
Why Work With Us?
Nothing’s more obnoxious than a hot tub that’s broken and unusable, not to mention an eyesore! Hot tub problems can be hard to diagnose for most homeowners, especially when they involve electrical issues. And when electricity is involved, it becomes a safety concern, too.
This is why it’s important to have someone with the knowledge and expertise to professionally handle your repairs. At Electrical Connections LLC, we’ve been helping local customers for 35 years with their needs. From hot tub motors, pumps, and wiring, we can assist.