As a homeowner, sooner or later you’ll be forced to deal with electrical issues of some kind and when that time comes, the best thing you can do is call in a licensed electrician. At Electrical Connections LLC, we’ve been your local Gaithersburg, MD electrical experts for 35 years. We can help you with all your needs, from lighting, power outages, new wiring, and even replacement outlets. We love to make our customers smile!
We offer a full range of electrical services:
- Emergency Services
- Switch/Outlet Repair & Replacement
- Breaker Panel Repair & Replacement
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Ceiling Fans & Chandeliers
- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Whole House Surge Protector
- Pool & Hot Tub Wiring
- Pool Grounding Inspection
- Whole House Safety Inspection
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- TV Wall Mount Installation
- Code Corrections
- High-Tech Troubleshooting
- Dedicated Computer Circuits
- Data / Communication Lines
- Lighting Design & Maintenance
- Exhaust Fans
- Electric Water Heaters
Dealing with an electrical issue that can’t wait? Be sure to ask about our emergency services - our electricians are available 24/6, helping you when you need it most!
Common Electrical Problems
Some home electrical problems can be fixed with minor repairs, but home electrical troubleshooting can often be dangerous. If an issue is due to an electrical code violation, you will need to have the problem fixed by an electrician. Some common household electrical problems can include:
- Uncovered Outlets: Outlets should always be covered to prevent the possibility of damage and electric shock. Simple outlet covers can easily be applied with a Phillips screwdriver. Tasks of a more complicated nature - such as anything involving junction boxes or loose outlets, or upgrading to GFCI outlets - should be handled by a professional.
- Ovewired Panel: If one of the panels in your fuse box has too many circuits, your house is in violation of building codes. This can cause problems if you put your house on the market and an appraiser takes note of the issue. Overwiring can be fixed by adding a subpanel, but it should be installed by a professional.
- Electrical Shocks: Electrical shocks are mild yet annoying occurrences that sometimes happen at light switches and appliances. If the shock happens with only one specific device, that’s likely the culprit. But if a certain outlet is generating shocks, the issue is probably the power source and should be checked by a professional electrician.
Fixing Your Electrical Repair Issues
Electrical repairs should always be performed by a professional electrician due to the risk of shock and injury. Some common repair services that a professional Gaithersburg, MD electrician offers can include:
- Circuit Breaker Replacement: If you have a circuit breaker that won’t stop tripping, upgrading to a higher capacity circuit breaker can keep your appliances working when you need them.
- Wire Replacement: Old, outdated wiring can cause many problems, including house fires. Installing modern copper electrical lines will provide a safe electric system for your home.
- Electrical Outlet Replacement: Many areas of your home should have GFCI outlets installed for safety reasons, but older homes often don’t. Any time an outlet stops sending power to devices, smokes, or shows signs of soot on it, call your electrician right away.
The best way to avoid an unexpected issue is to ensure your home is up to code. Be sure to ask about our whole-home safety inspection, and get your home in top shape today!
Why Use a Professional?
Regardless of the electrical issue, nothing is more important than working with reputable electricians. While plenty of homeowners try their hand at DIY fixes throughout the home, electrical components can easily cause damage and even hurt you. By hiring a professional, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits, including:
- Safety: Professional electricians are highly trained and experienced and can provide quality repairs without compromising the safety of your home for you and your family.
- Knowledge: A licensed electrician has years of training under their belt, and most professionals don't stop there. Professional electricians are able to quickly and accurately diagnose the cause of most electrical issues and provide comprehensive solutions to repair them.
- Troubleshooting: Your home’s electrical system is really complex, and without proper training and experience, misdiagnosing an electrical issue is a very easy thing to do, which can wind up causing more problems in the long run. A professional electrician will provide proper troubleshooting solutions to accurately identify the root of any electrical issues, instead of just treating the symptoms.
Professional electricians take special precautions to ensure no fire or shock hazards are left behind due to improper or incomplete work, so trust a local expert whenever you can. Electrical Connections LLC is your local electrician professionals. We value your time and respect your home to help you with any and all of your electrical needs. We’ve been local experts for 35 years and offer safety-driven, unmatched care.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription